Friday, January 24, 2014

I, Frankenstein

I have to admit that I'm a huge nerd and I ruin every movie based on a book because I sit there the whole time pointing out what was changed.

So you can imagine how I felt walking into the movie I, Frankenstein.

(I hear it is based on a comic book, which I've never read. So I can't comment on that.)

Right off the bat, I was extremely relieved when they mentioned that the monster is not necessarily named Frankenstein, and that, in fact, he really doesn't have a name. I feel like that's an important theme from the original story. 

Otherwise... the movie wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. There were actors in it that I enjoy from other films, like Bill Nighy, and Aaron Eckhart. They did what they could for the dumb movie.

Don't see it unless you have nothing better to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment